Here’s my list of favorite blogs and articles from the last week. I would love to read your comments about any that you read.
Curriculum and Activities
Look Again from Teaching Young Children: An informative 2.5 minute video about the versatility of loose parts used by 4 and 5 year olds. If you haven’t started using loose parts in the classroom you really need to find out more about it.
Confessions of a Pushover Parent from Janet Lansbury’s Elevating Childcare blog. There are some very helpful tips that we need to be ready to share with a our parents when they ask what they can do.
Graphics of the Week
Friday Favorites from All Day Kindergarten: I like all 5. Check them out.
Cute Idea of the Week
Alphabet Sensory Activity from Pre-K Pages: Great beginning of the year activity. If you want to simplify the activity, use fewer letters.
I covet your feedback as it will help me make this feature more relevant to my readers. Information that I would find useful include:
- Which links you clicked on and why.
- Of the articles and blogs you read, which you found interesting.
- Other sites that I should check for possible inclusion.
- Topics that you would like to see included.
- Technical issues such as links that don’t work or sites that you must register for in order to use.